help, everything crash's

edited May 2006 in Hardware
Help, I have a XP pro machine that went on the fritz. Normally I'd call myself a pro at this PC repair junk but get this:

Whenever I start any application that connects via network the application crashes. I cant figure out why. The errors make no sense to me. I've done winsockfix to restore TCP/IP settings and it still sh*ts everytime you start anything related to connecting to the internet/network.

Ideas? Running spyware/virus sweeps but nothing yet found.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2006
    What exactly is the problem ?.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    What do you mean by the network application crashes? you mean like explorer crashes?
  • edited May 2006
    Sorry, any app that connects at all to any network resource (aim when it opens, it connects then crash's, spy bot starts to download its update then crash's)

Happens in safe mode w/ networking, but everything runs fine when running safemode w/o networking
  • edited May 2006
    update: system restore wont work from normal windows boot, im in safe mode restoring to a very far back spot just to be safe and its churning away (other times it started, faiiled, went into windows and told me it failed to restore)
  • edited May 2006
    System restore from safe mode restored me back, everything works again...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Good to hear that you got it going. :)

Just to be safe, you might want to post a HijackThis log. That could very well be a Spyware problem which might come back if you don't make sure it's completely wiped out.