Help! Direct Draw Failure??

edited May 2006 in Hardware
DxDiag.txt
Hi,
I have a game that I've never had a problem with until.....a Microsoft automatic update was performed recently. Now, the game will no longer display on the screen. I have audio, but no visual!

I did a dxdiag from the run line and I am attaching a copy of the results. There appears to be a few failures. I also updated the drivers on the VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP card, but still I have no visual. I also downloaded and installed Direct X 9.0 again.

I don't know where to go from here. Everything else on my PC works fine with the exception of one SIMPLE game - my favorite! I contacted the software company and after reviewing the dxdiag files, they advised me to update the drivers and redownload DirectX - but there's still for visual.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2006
    What are your system specs? Lets start there.
  • edited May 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    What are your system specs? Lets start there.

Hi,

Systems specs below with additional update re: problem.

System Information

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
    System Model: PJ508AA-ABA A710N
    BIOS: Rev. 3.11
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3100+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 448MB RAM
    Page File: 206MB used, 850MB available
    VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP graphic card
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---Additional Info re Problem:

I'm finding other games now that will not display on screen. I get audio but nothing except a black screen with a cursor. These are not sophisticated or graphic intense games. I also tried removing and reloading software, but didn't help. I also removed the last Microsoft update thinking that was the problem, but that didn't help either.

Thanks for assisting me.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    try this,

Start -> Run type this in regsvr32 dpnet.dll and click okay if a box comes up say okay or yes and see if your games work...
  • edited May 2006
    try this,

Start -> Run type this in regsvr32 dpnet.dll and click okay if a box comes up say okay or yes and see if your games work...

Hi,
    Did what you said. Games still don't work. Still getting audio, but no visual - only black screen with cursor.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    well we know it isn't a direct X issue....
  • edited May 2006
    well we know it isn't a direct X issue....

Me again!

I just did a system restore prior to a date when this problem started. My system is now fine and I have all my games back! Thank you sooooo much for your time and assistance.