Can't reformat Sony Vaio VGC-RA840G

edited May 2006 in Hardware
I have a desktop, Sony Vaio VGC-RA840G. I've been trying to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Window XP, but it doesn't work. I used the Win XP cd to boot, and a blue screen appeared. At the bottom of the screen, it gave me the option to press F6 for SATA or RAID drive. I did not press anything, and it automatically took me to the next screen, I pressed Enter and F8 to accept the commands, and a screen show up to ask me to choose the disk I want to repartrition. However, the options only has 4 lines of the main message:"No disk found on this drive." Therefore, I can't choose any. When I press Enter, an error screen appeared saying Window detected an error, and it's shutting down to prevent the computer from damages.
I tried to boot from Floppy disk, but it said "Failure to boot from disk"
Can anyone help me to resolve this? Thank you.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    What hard drive is in that machine? (Brand, model# and type)

What HD and boot options are available to you in the BIOS?

The more info, the better. We'll help you as best as we can from there. :)
  • edited May 2006
    Thank you Prof. The hard drive model is WDC WD2500JD-98HBCO
    I've been playing around with my computer, and found a VAIO Recovery folder that allows me to "restore" the computer's condition to the original state. IS "RESTORE," in this case, THE SAME AS REFORMAT? It says that it will earase all the files in drive C:, so I'm gonna try it and see if it get rid of the spywares. I'll let you know if it does it. :)
  • edited May 2006
    it works!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    What did you do to get it sorted out? :)