System Crashing

edited May 2006 in Hardware
My computer randomly restarts and goes into a blue screen but its a flash so I cant really read what it says. It happens often especially when I open video's. When my computer finally comes back on sometimes the cookies are deleted and the microsoft pop up comes up saying "The system has recovered from a serious error."

The technical information is below.
C:\DOCUME~1\Master\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3a0b.dir00\Mini052006-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Master\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3a0b.dir00\sysdata.xml

Microsoft then directs me to this website when I send the error report.
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=4f684bd9-0ac2-42e9-bacb-05bdcefcad93&SID=10

Yesterday when this happend microsoft directed me here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q293078

I did what they told me to do in the second link and the crash just occured 20 minutes ago. Please help!:(

btw, 6600GT vidcard

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Try uninstalling the drivers, use a driver cleaner which you can find on this site in the downloads section if I recall, then instal NVidia's latest drivers.

BTW these links:
    C:\DOCUME~1\Master\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3a0b.dir00\Min i052006-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Master\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3a0b.dir00\sys data.xml

Won't work for us becuase they reside in your computer, they'll have to be uploaded if you want us to veiw them. But if it occurs while watching videos, it could be video drivers or possibly a codec?
  • edited May 2006
    I uninstalled the driver and downloaded the new driver from this site for the Nvidia graphics card. Crashed 5 minutes later. Please Help. :(
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Well generally when I have troubles like that, I just reformat and reinstall windows... with backups of course. Might be quicker at least... maybe someone else has a better solution.
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    Check your system memory.
    Also if the system is stable when not overloading the video card, then there might be some problem with it.
    Check the system temperature, and the system voltages.

In the System properties -> Advanced tab -> Startup and Recovery "Settings"
    Uncheck the "Automatically restart".

Otherwise follow RWB suggestion of reinstalling the OS.

Also inform us about your PC, CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Hard disks, CD/DVD and PSU specifikation.