IC_11 Processor Speed

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
So all of a sudden, IC_11 is ignoring the BIOS settings for the processor speed. Whatever FSB and multiplier combination I chose, it uses 16x100. Even when I set it to just use the default clocks for the processor, it goes to 16x100 (and this is a Barton that I think uses a default 166 FSB).

Whenever I change the BIOS settings, they do seem to save to the CMOS, but they get ignored. And whenever I exit the BIOS screen, the monitor just turns off and the computer never restarts. All kinds of annoying. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to behave? It should be folding 700mhz faster :(

Motherboard is an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe V1.2 (I know it's not V2.0, anyway). The rest of the system specs are on the SMx page.

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Have you tried changing the cmos battery, Garg? That is the original battery in that mobo if you haven't, and that mobo is around 4 years old at least.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Good idea, I'll give that a shot. I've got a spare mobo around here I can steal one from.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    I second Mudd's CMOS battery suggestion. I had the exact same thing happen with a board on the SMx test bench not long ago.