I Need Help Capturing Video

Hi, Im trying to take some home videos from a VHS and put it onto my computer and I need some help. I have both Ulead VideoStudio 8 and Roxio Easy Media Creator Home and I'm getting the same problem using both of them. I have a VCR hooked up to my computer using composite cables (all three red, yellow, and white cables are properly plugged in) and using either of the programs, I am able to view and capture the video from the VHS. The problem is that I am unable to get any sound. The audio input says Realtek AC97 Audio and I am unable to change that to anything. I think thats where the problem is. I don't even know what that Realtek thing is. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited May 2006
    Is your Realtek AC97 on board? If so, is it enabled in BIOS?

Is your Line-in Port muted? Check out Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Volume/Advanced.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited May 2006
    The realtek AC97 will be your soundcard and I expect it is on board. The software will usually choose your primary audio device to record from. I assume this is the only sound card you have in your PC? I also assume that you have some kind of video capture card? Can you be a bit more specifice what you have plugged your VCR into? i.e. The video (yellow) lead must be pluggeg into your capture card or you wouldn't get and video. Where are the red and white (Audio left and right) plugged into.

If your audio cables are plugged into your soundcard (Realtek AC97) you will need to check that your line in has not been as said by Crypto. Also check that the record source is set to either line in or stereo mix.