Halo jerky

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited October 2003 in Gaming
I've just started halo and it's a little jerky. I know I don't have the fastest PC here but I surpass all the requirements. I play Medal of honor and UT with everything on max, both with superb graphics and speed. Any suggestions for speeding it up other than buying a faster CPU?

bothered.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    bothered said
    I've just started halo and it's a little jerky. I know I don't have the fastest PC here but I surpass all the requirements. I play Medal of honor and UT with everything on max, both with superb graphics and speed. Any suggestions for speeding it up other than buying a faster CPU?

bothered.

Try adding the switch -use11 or -use14 to the command line.
    Also, if you cant get the game to work at all, one of those (either work) will make the game work and fix he "Cannot find Direct3D Hardware acceleration" error.

i.e.
    "D:\Games\Halo\Halo.exe" -use14

Note: The game overrides your Antialiasing and Anistrophic filtering options you may have set in your driver control panel, so they wont affect the game.

NS
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited October 2003
    Cheers nightshade, The game runs, it's just a little jerky. It wouldn't run at all at first but the readme says to turn off FSAA which I did and it runs. Would your fix 'speed things up'? and where do I add it, to the shortcut target?

bothered.