UT banner for SM.

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Gaming
Ok, I've made a banner with Ulead Cool 3D. How do I get it here for you all to see. I tried uploading it. But it says I can't upload that type of file. What do I do? I have it saved in my pic file. It shows up as a thumbnail frame with the Cool 3D icon on it. When I try to open it it starts Ulead Cool 3D program to show it to me. I'm stuck.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    what kind of a file is it? jpg? gif?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I tried properties on it and it just says Ulead Cool 3D object. Is there another way to find out?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    open it in ulead cool 3d, and try to "Save as" a different type (jpg/gif)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Cool, I'll try that and let you know if it works.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Nope, It says save as Ulead Cool 3D file or all files. I saved it as all files and the only thing that will open it is Ulead Cool 3D. Tried opening it with paint, paintshop pro 7,fireworks mx, adobe photoshop, win picture & fax viewer, ulead smart saver pro. None worked.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I think I got it-- only problem is it is a moving pic. And it doesn't move here. Also I want to round the corners. The cool 3D proggy doesn't do that.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Ok, I've got it saved as a gif file, but because its a moving pic, it is 4.74 MB, and that won't load on the site. can I send it to one of the mods to check out and see if it is ok for the site?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    if you send it to me, I can try to optimise it hanusaemNOSPAM@rose-hulman.edu
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    OK, I'm sizing it down now, but I don't know if it will work at the size we need for loading on forums. Let me work it for a few mins and see. If I can't get it I'll send it to you shwaip. Thnx for the help bud. So far I've got it to 818 KB (838,021 bytes).
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Got a banner done but I need to send it to mods for inspection. Shorty, You have the ftp addy, will you look at the UT Banners file and check out the 2 banners to see if we can get one up on front page? Thnx Hawk