Printer bliss.

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited May 2006 in Hardware
My first Epson printer was brilliant but it eventually died. My second,a photo 925, was a pile of rubbish. Almost everytime I used it I had to clean the nozzles which used a fair bit of very expensive ink, and it cost almost £200 A few years ago. I have just replaced it with a Lexmark. I only chose it because it is a six colour printer and was quite cheap, £80. It also has a built in scanner which I didn't really want as I already have one. This thing is amazing. The scanner is actually quite decent, the OCR works very well, and the printer itself is very good. How things move on in just a few years never ceases to amaze me. Decent printer with a scanner and card reader for £80? It honestly gave me a lot of pleasure taking the Epson down to the tip and hefting it over the wall, no more will it laugh at me demanding to be cleaned ever again.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Isn't it amazing, though? I use a Canon i850 personally, and the rest of my family uses a Canon i900, and who would've thought we'd all be treated to CMYK for so cheaply? The print quality is amazing, the glossies are nigh indistinguishable from their professional counterparts, and the colours are so vibrant.

Printing technology has come a fabulously long way.