No vid on mobo with pci card

edited June 2006 in Hardware
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
ok here is the prob... my GA-K8NS mobo will not post with a pic, agp or any kind of vid card on it... however with no vid card board boots fine... not very usefull tho.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :skeptic: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
what i have tried: agp and pci vid cards (yes cards and no not all at once)
whats in the "box": one ga-k8ns mobo, one 512meg ultra DDR ram stick with ultra ram heat spreder, kingwin water cooler with cpu and northbrige blocks
no drivers attched.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: for the past week, plz help

Comments

• edited May 2006
    oops also my cpu is an amd a64 2800+
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    What kind of power supply do you have? Is any portion of your water-cooling rig connected to your PSU?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    First off, welcome to Short-Media...

Sounds to me you need to disable onboard graphics in your bios. or set it for AGP...
  • edited May 2006
    No on board vid and yes the psu is powering the kingwin water cooler and the psu is out cuzz i have tested board with everything from a 300w to a 580w (all psu are p4 complyant) and the vid cards range from a 2 meg matrox pci card to a 64 meg ASUS v7700 Nvida chipset card that recomends a 250w or better psu

:rarr::rarr::rarr::rarr: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rarr::rarr::rarr::rarr:

thx for the greeting btw.
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited June 2006
    Possibly a shorted MB that only shows up when the agp/pci slots are populated? Did you pul it out of the case and try the same config?

Flint
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    The question is how do you know it boots fine with no video?