Problems with pci ide-raid controller

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Hi,
For capturing videos I needed more diskspace, but all my onboard IDE slots are full, so I decided to use a pci ide-raid controller card (q-tec 320r ata 100). But after everything I have done, I still can't see the drive connected to the controller in windows xp. I already tried to reinstall windows and installing the controller before the installation. I tried several drivers but without any succes.

The strange part is that the drive can be used in dos. So the issues has to be windows xp.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited June 2006
    When you say you can't "use" the drive in XP, have you gone into disk management and partitioned and formatted it, if it's visible? This is assuming that you've correctly loaded the drivers for the raid card, gone into the raid card's bios and correctly identified the drive to the card's controller, etc. Does the controller show up in the device manager? If not, then the drivers for the card aren't properly installed or are incorrect. I went to q-tec's site and their manual is OK. It describes all of the steps except partitioning and formatting, including entering the controller's bios and selecting the type of array you want to create. So, if you've done that and if the controller shows up under device manager, scsi devices, then you should be able to use the drive once it's formatted.