Keyboard problem? key switching? I dunno

BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
edited May 2006 in Hardware
For about 5 months this wireless microsoft keyboard does this weird thing, while playing World of Warcraft since I smash keys ( since im a tank) the keyboard sometimes switches all the sudden.

Ill try pressing my hotkeys, 1 and 2 and nothing happens. Ill try clicking the skill icon with my mouse but then I pick it up instead of using it. If I try to equip new armor I pick it up instead.

I can type because it will open a bunch of hotkeyed windows? Then if I press arrow keys to move it moves my action bar up and down instead.

Ill minimize the game and click a icon on my desktop and all the sudden it highlights it and all the icons on my desktop. Its just weird.

(I wiped my onyxia raid at 10% when everything was going well, because my keyboard whacked out and I couldnt use sunder armor or gain threat back, so some people drew aggro and that was the end of it.)

Astonishing enough this keyboard problem only happens in WoW, probably mainly I smash so many buttons on my keyboard something happens.

Can this be shift keys?

I dont know whats going on but its very annoying, and I want to keep my keyboard without buying a new one at the same time prevent myself from wiping future raids.

If you need more clarrifying ill try my best

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Make sure the wireless base station is in LOS of the keyboard, and no interfering devices are nearby. My wireless keyboard is very close to it's base station, but even though it's only a glass desk, it somehow screws with the radio and things go wierd at times becuase of the keyboard tray I use where I'll start typing with the keyboard under the desk :P
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited May 2006
    The connection is fine, the base station is on top of my glass table.

I dont think its the connection but... a button im pressing? I dont know, I will change my keyboards batteries and read the manual... this is very strange
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Try moving the base station around, make sure nothing is interferring with it, like the desk.