Video Card issue? Game goes nuts, colors everywhere.

BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
edited May 2006 in Hardware
So I was playing WoW and all the sudden the screen goes crazy like a channel without cable, all these whacky colors everywhere.

I have had this video card for about a year and its been real good to me. Can play almost anything.

Specs:

Radeon 9800 256MB
1 GB ram
250 GB hard drive.
3.2 ghz Intel proc.
425 Watt power.

I have been playing WoW over a year with no problem but now it seems I have video card issues again. What can this be? I checked the fan and its fine.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    How often does it do this? Did the game crash recently and then when yous tarted it back up this started occuring in certain areas?

I know sometimes for certain games when they crash on me, like BF2(most EA games) if it crashes badly the teextures get all messed up and things look way off, uninstalling and reinstalling the game would fix it. Dunno about your problem though.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    You had that keyboard problem too right? This could and probably is connected to that.
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited May 2006
    Not sure why it would be connected to that....
    edited May 2006
    Fan is running fine also
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I would try uninstalling the game, deleting the directory, restarting the computer, and reinstalling the game, patch and play and see if it continues. At least then you can say it's not the game itself. Then if that doesn't work, try reinstalling your drivers for the graphics card. Uninstal, clean, restart, reinstall...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I would do a clean reinstall of your graphics card driver, as well as deleting your WTF folder (do make a backup first) in the WOW directory.
    edited May 2006
    what is the WTF folder used for?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    It stores WoW's settings for video, sound, and your keyboard/mouse controls. I ask that you make a backup because there could still be issues with the game, even after you delete the WTF folder, which clearly indicates that the WTF folder wasn't the problem. And if it wasn't, it's good to have all your old sound/video/control settings back in a jiff. :)