Help Fast plz!! (A) =)

edited May 2006 in Hardware
I have to restart my pc alot of times before it gets boot up...

After the Dhcp.. has been loaded
PXE-E53: No boot filename recived
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE-ROM

Boot from CD:

If it comes like that it won't boot up.. I cant start windows.. but if it come like this description under.. it will boot up..

After the Dhcp.. has been loaded
PXE-E53: No boot filename recived
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE-ROM

Boot from CD:
Boot from CD:

What can I do? Plz answer =)

Tell me if you need more information.

/Robert

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Make sure youre BOOT order is setup properly in the BIOS...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Download the hard drive test from the manufacturer and run it from a floppy or bootable CD. You typically get that error when the BIOS can't find your hard drive.
  • edited May 2006
    As a lark, check the cables on the HDD's with the power off and make sure they all have good physical connections. You'd be surprised how something silly like that can cause problems.
  • edited May 2006
    I know this maybe sounds weird and stupid :P but I dont know where to look in the BIOS :S .. and where to find that hard drive test? I can't find it :( plz answer =) / Thank you, Robert
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Do you know what manufacturer makes your hard drive..? We can look up the tool for you if you are unsure which to get :)

In the BIOS, you should have something listed as boot device order/priority. It can generally be found either on it's own as an option or as part of "advanced bios settings". This depends on manufacturer of board & bios used :)
  • edited May 2006
    Can you look up the tool for me then? Plz :) ..
  • edited May 2006
    Dam srry i wrote wrong :P .. I cant find the BIOS file :S =(
    edited May 2006
    Look on the hard drive for the manufacturer's name. Post it here.

Look on the motherboard for the manufacturer's name and the model number. Post that here, too.

If we know those things we should be able to help find the rest of the stuff.

You should also try what madmat said about checking the hard drive cables. :)
  • edited May 2006
    Hard Drive : Seventeam, Model: ST-25PIIIP

I Dont now the motherboard´but could it be Gigabyte :GA-8IE?
  • edited May 2006
    Is this right? (A)
    edited May 2006
    Robbish wrote:
    Hard Drive : Seventeam, Model: ST-25PIIIP

I Dont now the motherboard´but could it be Gigabyte :GA-8IE?
    Gigabyte GA-8IE is correct for the motherboard, but I don't think you're looking in the right place for the brand and model of the hard drive.

Look for the label on the device which looks similar to this:
  • edited May 2006
    Could the hard drive be : Seagate, Barracuda ATA IV?
    edited May 2006
    Sounds right. :)

Try running the Seagate diagnostic SeaTools test. There are several different versions available; I'd recommend the SeaTools Desktop. You'll need to burn it to a CD and then boot from it.

Have you tried what madmat mentioned about checking the cable? ;)
  • edited May 2006
    Well.. I took a look inside and are cables seemed right and all were plugged in so.. and I checked the BIOS settings... what Boot order should I have? I tried alot of different combinations.. but noone worked...
  • edited May 2006
    Do I have to boot the CD when I start my computer or when I have it on?
    edited May 2006
    The "Boot" is the process where the computer starts up. Once it's already running the booting procedure is well out of the way.

Make the SeaTools CD, insert it in the cdrom drive, then set the boot order in the BIOS so your cdrom drive is listed first. Then restart the machine. On some systems you need to watch the bottom of the screen for a message like "Press any key to boot from CD". If that happens, press any key. ;)
  • edited May 2006
    Will this program repair and fix the problem or will it just find the problem?
  • edited May 2006
    So in the BIOS boot order there should be CD-rom first and the other 2 after that?
    edited May 2006
    It may (sort of) "repair" the problem by moving data from any bad sectors it finds. I say "sort of" because it's not really a fix - it just buys you a little time. If you get any errors at all I would strongly urge you to backup your data and get a new hard drive.

Don't get ahead of yourself, though. Let's see what the test says before moving on to the next step. :)

PS: Using the Edit button is better than making a new post when you need to add more info to a post you've just made. :wave:
  • edited May 2006
    I should download ISO CR-ROM Image?

So its my hard drive thats wrong? not the CD-ROM?
    edited May 2006
    Robbish wrote:
    I should download ISO CR-ROM Image?
    If you have a CD burner, the answer is "yes".
    So its my hard drive thats wrong? not the CD-ROM?
    We won't know until you run the test. :nudge:

The fact that you have to "restart my pc alot of times before it gets boot up..." could signal a hard drive problem. What we want to do is see if there is a physical problem with the drive. If there is, then you'll have your answer. If the drive is fine we can move on to other things to try.

Troubleshooting is best done as a methodical step-by-step process. In your case, a good first step would be to answer questions about the integrity of your hard drive before proceeding.
  • edited May 2006
    I have noticed something.. important or not.. but when I have a CD in CD-ROM E: It always gets started.. I tried take out the CD, and then it didn't start, but when I put the CD back in.. it started with no problem :)