Hardware compatability?

digitaltreedigitaltree Suffern, NY
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Hello. I just joined Short-Media and thought I'd ask a quick question. I'm a Marine currenly deployed in Iraq, so it's a little difficult for me to stay updated on new things. But I'm planning on building myself a new computer upon my return home. I'm planning on using the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo with the AMD Opteron 170 CPU and x2 1Gb sticks of Kingston HyperX DDR400 with timings at 2-2-2-5.

My question is: ASUS says that the Opty 170 is not compatable with the A8N32-SLI, but the Opty 165 & 175 are with the updated BIOS. I would venture to guess that the 170 is, since it is in the middle of those two. But does anybody know for sure? Is anybody else using this setup, or know anyone who is?

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Well, after a quick Google search I've found a few guys running that combo with apparent success. I'd say it should work.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'd imagine it would work as well... ohh and GIR ROCKS.:headbange
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I dont know what if wouldnt, btw, Thats the system I am wanting to build, except I want a DFI mobo. which, if you are into overclocking, I would recomend.

Have any cool videos? Saw a video from a destroyer or some such that was test firing one of the big guns, and it misfired. The shell came out of the barrel like 5 inches. Pretty funny. Also say a video of a 500lb bomb dropping on a house.
  • digitaltreedigitaltree Suffern, NY
    edited May 2006
    I dont know what if wouldnt, btw, Thats the system I am wanting to build, except I want a DFI mobo. which, if you are into overclocking, I would recomend.

Have any cool videos? Saw a video from a destroyer or some such that was test firing one of the big guns, and it misfired. The shell came out of the barrel like 5 inches. Pretty funny. Also say a video of a 500lb bomb dropping on a house.

I've got a few neat ones from some things out here. More pictures than anything else.

I think I'm going to stick with my A8N32-SLI board, though, because it's got some features I'd like to keep. As far as I've seen, so far, the overclocking abilities of the board are also significantly high; close to the DFI. But, because of my limited Internet access here, I'll have to confirm that later. Thanks for the reply, though.