Need specs on a stock A64 fan to do comparison shopping.

edited May 2006 in Hardware
I'm looking at heatsinks and fans for my system but i'd like to know the CFM and noise output of my 3700 san diego's retail stock fan so i don't end up buying something that's no any better.

Does anyone know this offhand or know where i can find out? I've been looking on AMD's site for a little while and can't find anything about the fans.

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Can you list the fan manufacturer and model string off the label on the fan, Caxus? We might be able to look some info up that way on the fan you have on your heatsink. I know the fans that come on the heatpipe retail sinks from AMD are 80 X 20 mm Delta fans that are a variation off their regular AFB line of fans. I believe AMD has Delta build them with a thermistor speed control in them(at least it looks like a thermistor).
  • edited May 2006
    I don't see any info other than an AMD sticker with no other writing on it.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    Can you list the fan manufacturer and model string off the label on the fan, Caxus? We might be able to look some info up that way on the fan you have on your heatsink. I know the fans that come on the heatpipe retail sinks from AMD are 80 X 20 mm Delta fans that are a variation off their regular AFB line of fans. I believe AMD has Delta build them with a thermistor speed control in them(at least it looks like a thermistor).

I immediatly recognized the delta-eque sound on the 5000+ retail sink when things started cooking :D

Spins at up to 5K+ RPM at full bore.

Caxus: I believe the retail sink on the 3700+ (same one my Opteron 148 came with) will probably have a flow rate of no more than 35-40cfm. What aftermarket jobbers are you currently looking at? If you let us know your price range we can make some helpful suggestions :thumbsup:
  • edited May 2006
    Also, the size of the fan is important too. I know the retail fan that came on my old winnie 3000+ was a 70mm fan and the fans that came on my DC AMD procs were both 80mm fans.
  • edited May 2006
    If you let us know your price range we can make some helpful suggestions.
    I'm looking for something under $15 to go with this beauty but i need it to be fairly quiet first and foremost. I'll probably just get this Kingwin. The CFM/noise ratio seems to be better than most and it's inexpensive.