having a problem with intellimouse for bluetooth

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Hardware
hey i got a new lappy from dell outfitted with blue tooth. I also purchased the intellimouse bluetooth.

Now i installed intellipoint 5.2 but in the device manager it only says HID complaint mouse, nothing about it being an intellimouse. Also, the side scrolling only works if i install the mouse and then the intellipoint software, but it still just shows up as an HID complaint device

and when i accesss intellipoint software, it says i need to connect a microsoft mouse for it to work properly. so you guys have any ideas on how to remedy this. I've tried ms's site for a driver, but nothing only intellipoint. I tried usuing the "point32.inf" file that comes with the software, still nothing. Just says the driver doesnt have any information on my hardware.

so help? thnk u

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Tried 5.5?

The only time I've had devices list as HID complient was with messed up gamepad installs. Manually searching for the right driver always sorted that.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Did it pair correctly ?

I have that mouse on my lappy and it works flawlessly.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    Did you plug it in?
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    :topic:
    10 Codes Of :woowoo:GgaRoOiSm
    10) Masturbation is not a crime
    9) If you see a pig that resembles your friend... don't eat the pig...perhaps it is your friend
    8) Bags of emotions must be thrown away.
    7) If the bass is too strong..you are too weak
    6) Bros before hoes.
    5) Don't lie to your friends.
    4) You are what you are, dont change yourself
    3)Don't cheat on your significant other
    2) When a horse comes up to you and says, "Baaaa" , you MUST RUN!
    1) Be excellent to each other

So how do I convert? Is there some strange initiation ceremony or something. I don't do well when 67 people are looking at me being beat up by 4 naked guys.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    that's only if you sign up in the fall
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    so to recap.... it says that it is an HID complainant device under the mouse category, does not state it is microsoft mouse or anything...i tried right clicking it and going into the intellimouse 5.5 driver...and it claims that its the wrong driver...i mean does anyone have a working bluetooth that detects as a ms mouse?