Laptop touchpad isn't working

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Eheh... I seem to be posting quite a lot in here (in two days, anyway), no? How many freakin computers do I have, you might be asking. (3 computers, 1 dead, + 1 laptop)

Okay, after the first computer died I decided to use my laptop instead. That was until i spilt a *teensy* bit of water over the touchpad, and it's not working all that great. It's as though some ghost hand is already pressing down upon it. When I move my finger across the touchpad, it moves along, but as soon as I let it go, it goes back to the same place! Really annoying.

So, I'd like to ask two things:

1) if I can get it working again, what do I have to do?

and

2) since I don't really care for the touchpad all that much, how do I disable it and use the mouse instead?

Thanks (again..), if anyone can kindly resolve this!

:)

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    You may be able to disable it in the BIOS. Failing that, kill it in Device Manager.

If you are absolutely certain you can get everything back together correctly, you might be able to remove the touchpad, dry it out completely, clean the contacts on the connecting cable, then actually get it working again. Be careful, though! :wink:
  • edited June 2006
    Yay! Me fixed it! :) I took it apart (:eek3:) and dried it out without seriously messing up the laptop for life! It's like, a new revelation! Thanks! :)

/emoticon heavy
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Nice! :cheers: