OC help please...:)

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Howdy all..;) First time here and first time overclockin and need a little help..This is what I have....MSI K8N NEO2 PLAT,MOBO,AMD 64 4000+ San Diego CPU and CorsairXMS DDR400 PC3200 TwinX 2048..These are my settings at the present time..
CPU Clock=2484MHz
DDR Clock=400MHz
CPU fsb=207
CPU Multi=X12
HT Multi=4X
CPU vid=1.45v
% Overvid=by CPU vid
Mem Volt=2.75
MEM lock Div=200MHz
TCL=2.5
TRCD=3
TRP=3
TRAS=7
1T/2T=1T
TRC=13
TRFC=24
TRRD=3
TRWT=3
DRAM DR=Normal

Ok the FSB wont go any higher at these settings..What do you suggest I do?I dont want want to go any higher then is safe..I would like to be at maybe 2.6-2.7 or so..Any help is greatly appreciated....:respect:

Comments

• edited June 2006
    Anyone????....:hrm:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Change "MEM lock Div" to 166 and see how that works.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    First off welcome to Short-Media.com, and I hope what info we provide or direct you to can help you with your questions...

Ont o your Question,I think lemonlime could help you out the best, or you can read one of his many great articles on how to OC in the A64 platform, at the below link...

http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=300
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks guys...:D
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited June 2006
    Hi clayp,

Welcome to Short-Media!

Looking good so far. I'd agree with mtgoat, it is likely your memory clock that is restricting you right now. I usually reduce it to the 133MHz divider to 'rule out' memory as the culpret. Once I know how high the CPU can go, I'll start ramping up the memory clockspeed as well.

That link that sledge provided should be of help ;)
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks again guys...Right now my system crashed last night and I have to re-install Windows,,I'm on my backup.....:wtf: This is what happened....

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupted..
    <WINDOWS ROOT>\SYSTEM32.HAL.DLL...Please re-install a copy of the above file....

:grr: