AMD 3500+ Venice TOO HOT!!!

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited May 2006 in Hardware
Okay, My PC has been a bit hot lately, which is probably because its summer. Temps use to be around 75 F case before, and now they're around 80. I don't really mind that though. I just used the ASUS PC Probe to check temps, and My CPU is at 51 C! It use to be at 39 C and I don't know the reason for such a big jump. Also, The motherboard use to be around 35 and now it;s around 40. Im freaking out here :bawling: :wow: :eek3::eek2::hair: , and I know I'm far from the max of 70 or so, but I'm starting to see problems like slowing down and such already.

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Check for dust bunnies both in the cpu and also around the case fans that intake and exhaust the air. You might have the dreaded dust bunnie problem.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2006
    reseat and clean the heatsink. I've never heard of an AMD 64 going that high under normal use.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    you're folding now. You weren't before. That's my guess.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    shwaip wrote:
    you're folding now. You weren't before. That's my guess.
    That's what I thought, but its at 53 and I turned of the Folding Client. Although I did just get done playing COD2...
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2006
    Are you using the AMD standard cooler ?
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited May 2006
    Esso wrote:
    Are you using the AMD standard cooler ?
    NVM guys, false alarm. I thought I'd turned of FAH, but I forgot I set it as a service before you guys told me to, and it was still running. Thanks though. :rockon: