My wife needs your support

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Community
Mrs_Goat is running in an upcoming marathon to to help "The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society". They are the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education, and patient services. The Society's mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. This has been approved for posting here as it helps the people we help through folding. So please lend a hand and show your support.
Greetings!

I am raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a participant
in their Team In Training and I'm asking you to help by making a
contribution. Each donation helps accelerate cures for leukemia, lymphoma
and myeloma and brings hope to the patients and families who are on the
front lines of the battle against these diseases.

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and
securely. You will receive a confirmation by email of your donation and I will
be notified as soon as you make your donation.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for
your support. I really appreciate your generosity!

You can learn more about my efforts and make a donation by visiting the
following Web site:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntctx/tntctxSFaeo

P.S. Please forward this email to as many people as you can to
encourage them to donate as well!

~Sherry~

Sherry Faeo se

http://www.active.com/donate/tntctx/tntctxSFaeo

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited June 2006
    I'd donate if I wasn't a poor teenager in a gas guzzling truck. My support will come in the form of prayer.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    This community has been so generous to me and the charities I support, that I can only "pay it forward" :D

Donation sent! Best of luck to Mrs the Goat! :)
  • edited June 2006
    Just wanted to say thanks for the support so far (prayers and donations)... but still have a long way to go! This is a leap of faith for me to participate in this event (I've never done anything like this before & 26.2 miles will be quite a feat). The main reason I'm doing this is to try and do something greater than myself and to prove that 50 (birthday in Dec) is just a number.

~Sherry~ :usflag:

BTW
    If I can't get more donations coming in I'm considering keeping the Goat home (no Lan party) to help with fundraising... hmmm maybe standing shirtless on the street corner w/a sign "Lemonade for Sale"!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Mrs_Goat wrote:

BTW
    If I can't get more donations coming in I'm considering keeping the Goat home (no Lan party) to help with fundraising... hmmm maybe standing shirtless on the street corner w/a sign "Lemonade for Sale"!
    Help! :hiding:

I don't want to miss the LAN or sell lemonade on the corner. :wow2: The thought of the sight of me shirtless in public is kind of alarming also. :shakehead
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Mrs_Goat wrote:
    If I can't get more donations coming in I'm considering keeping the Goat home (no Lan party) to help with fundraising... hmmm maybe standing shirtless on the street corner w/a sign "Lemonade for Sale"![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

That might get you some money..just make sure that i am a couple of states away when he is out there, because there are some things that can not be unseen:eek2:

anyway, I'll probably send some money soon as my paycheck comes, right now my account is about empty after insurance, and new tires hit me.:mad2: But, I should have a nice paycheck comming.:D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    Help! :hiding:

I don't want to miss the LAN or sell lemonade on the corner. :wow2: The thought of the sight of me shirtless in public is kind of alarming also. :shakehead

You're not serious right?
    edited June 2006
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    She can be pretty persuasive when she wants! :wtf:

I will sneak out the window if I have to.... ;)
  • edited June 2006
    That might get you some money..just make sure that i am a couple of states away when he is out there, because there are some things that can not be unseen:eek2:

anyway, I'll probably send some money soon as my paycheck comes, right now my account is about empty after insurance, and new tires hit me.:mad2: But, I should have a nice paycheck comming.:D

hmmm maybe I could get donations to 'keep' his shirt on?? ;)

Thanks airbornflght Ü
  • edited June 2006
    MackanzOCZ wrote:

I'm open to alternate suggestions...? :D
  • edited June 2006
    mtgoat wrote:
    She can be pretty persuasive when she wants! :wtf:

I will sneak out the window if I have to.... ;)

I saw what you put! I've made a mental note of your escape plan!

:Pwned:
    edited June 2006
    Mrs_Goat said I can go as I need to get out of the house for a while and deserve this trip. But she still needs your help! She has been working so hard to do this and has been putting forth a lot of her time and effort. All she asks is a little support from everyone.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Ah, good call on the bump. My computer can multitask, but sometimes my mind cannot. :D
  • edited June 2006
    Thank you for your support! :usflag: