DAMN BSOD'ing

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Hardware
Okay, so I am on my merry little way, tonight, minding my own business. And I decide to bypass my router to get a straight connection to the modem, so that I could use bit torrent, and I didnt feel like setting up the firewall, because its a pos anyway and doesnt really give a damn what ports you tell it to forward.

So anyway, Im downloading a few files useing morpheus as my bit torrent client (dont ask how it got on there, i was in a hurry and I needed it downloaded) which is the first time ive used bt in about a year, and about 20 minutes into the download, guess what, the system hangs, and i get a bsod.

I didnt get a look at the code or I would have took a picture or wrote it down, but when it restarted, I submitted the error report, and they say it is my NIC's fault, wtf? here is the link to the M$ page.

LINK

This is pissing me off, why is the god damn thing hanging, I am fixing to say hastla la vista morpheus and find a better client, what do you all recomend?

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    it just did it again, i wrote all of the stuff down this time.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0x000000D1 (0x00000400, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF73B5A96)

NDIS.Sys - Address F73B5A96 base at F73990, Datestamp 41107ec3

I think the ethernet adapter might be burning up on me. Its about 5 years old.:(
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2006
    try a different torrent client such as bitlord(I use bitlord. I think its the best one that ive ever used), bittorent, turbo torrent, ect... Maybe your computer just doesnt like the one your using now. its worth a shot
    edited June 2006
    yeh, I'm using microtorent now, but it still crashed once, hasnt caused any probs for about 50 minutes. although, i will probably end up replacing the nic anyway, its only $10 for a new one.
    edited June 2006
    well, I jerked the netgear FA311v1, and I'm using the integrated marvell adapter right now, although it is a lot slower than the netgear adapter. but I havent had and blue screens or crashes since. I was reading on that stop code and most people say that it is from a device that is dying or bad drivers. So I figured that since it was working fine for a year and a half, the drivers shouldnt be an issue, must be the card. I just ordered an intel adapter from newegg that seemed to be a good card. If it lasts 5 years, then I guess it will be money well spent.