Thank you Brian!

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited June 2006 in Community
It takes a special personality to organize something as complicated as the Short-Media Lan and primesuspect has done it 3 years running. All I do are the nametags and it always kicks my ass. I can't imagine doing the logistics and planning needed to pull this thing off, I really can't.. What with the tent, keeping track of participants, flights, T-shirts, parcels, electrical needs, computer equipment, snuffy, mowing the lawn and the kids.. To be able to do this and still have time to maintain your own business AND the Short-Media website... My hat's off to you Brian! Seriously.. it takes patience, dedication, tolerance, generosity and love and you have all that in spades. Maybe there's something to this buddhist fad you're on...

thx_brian.gif

Comments

• McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited June 2006
    Hahaha...nice icon. Ditto to that...thanks Brian.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Well said. :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    You forgot... Able to take all the gripes from attendees about what he SHOULD have done, or what they would have done. Brian has done an outstanding job each year and any glitch is solved (or worked around) and the gaming goes on. Each year has gotten better and this year looks to follow suit. I am proud to be a Short-Median and darn exited to attend this years LAN.

Brian... you Rock!!! :headbange
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Here's to you Brian! :cheers:

Looking forward to it. :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Brian Is my New Hero...

Did I mention he learned his tricks from me :) lol

No really Brian your doing a standup job... we love it all
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Your a good man Brian, but wait, where is the man of the hour?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Heh. you guys :o

Yeah, you know, it's so tough. I make such a sacrifice. I get to have an excuse to have a huge party with 30+ of my friends at least once a year, play games all night, drink, laugh, and cause general mayhem.. it's a rough life, I'll admit. I hate every single minute of it :p

Thank you guys, it means a lot to me :)
  • edited June 2006
    DogSoldier wrote:
    It takes a special personality to organize something as complicated as the Short-Media Lan and primesuspect has done it 3 years running. All I do are the nametags and it always kicks my ass. I can't imagine doing the logistics and planning needed to pull this thing off, I really can't.. What with the tent, keeping track of participants, flights, T-shirts, parcels, electrical needs, computer equipment, snuffy, mowing the lawn and the kids.. To be able to do this and still have time to maintain your own business AND the Short-Media website... My hat's off to you Brian! Seriously.. it takes patience, dedication, tolerance, generosity and love and you have all that in spades. Maybe there's something to this buddhist fad you're on...

thx_brian.gif

He mows the kids?? :wow2:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Naw.... the fun part is "trying" to mow the kids... they're just too fast and shifty to catch with a mower... sure is fun to watch though. ;D
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Well, that is unless you have one of those zero turn radius mowers. They are more agile than my german shephard, although, he can out run it easily. but its still really fast, I can chase him down if he isnt running.
  • edited June 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Naw.... the fun part is "trying" to mow the kids... they're just too fast and shifty to catch with a mower... sure is fun to watch though. ;D

PICS!:D
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited June 2006
    Prime - You better order a bigger tent for the LAN, I doubt your head will fit inside after this thread ;D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    madmat wrote:
    PICS!:D
    prim.jpg

thanks for putting this together brian, top notch:respect:
    edited June 2006
    Oh, Lord... ;D
  • edited June 2006
    ROFLMAO!! That's too funny!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I wish I had never seen that pic.......

Thanks for all you do for everyone here Brian!!!!!!!1!

I truly.....truly wish I could make to the LAN......... *Zuntar sulks
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    That pic disturbs me on so many levels, yet... i find it strangely appealing...

It reminds me of the bit in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (the book, not the movie, you nitwit), where the construction foreman in charge of razing Arthur Dent's house keeps having visions of sweaty men, charging horses, and bloody warfare because he is a direct descendent of Ghengis Khan (unbeknownst to him, of course.) That's sort of how I feel when I look at that picture... Like I'm missing something important..... :eek3:
    edited June 2006
    ...That's sort of how I feel when I look at that picture... Like I'm missing something important..... :eek3:
    Like your pants, maybe? :vimp: