Cmos reset and raid question AIO...

edited June 2006 in Hardware
To reset the cmos by the use of a jumper on the board. Do all the boards need the switch set to closed/jumpered and then powered on to force the reset? And then of course put the jumper back to the open position. I don't remember having to power on a system in order to reset a cmos before. But this one system has to be powered on while jumpered. Well, it uses switches instead of jumpers, maybe thats the case with it?

As far as raid goes, I got this raid mirror that one of the drives appears to be fubarred. Should you still be able to boot with the one drive of the mirror if you disconnect the second or do you have to replace that bad drive and rebuild the array?

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    This sounds not right. What board is it?

On the mirrored array you should be fine with just the one drive. Or you could replace the dead drive and rebuild.
  • edited June 2006
    its an old compaq computer running slot type pentium processor.

Ah, so a single drive of the array should still boot up windows if I have it in by itself. hmmm ;x
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Here is the safest bet on the reset. Just remove the battery from the board for at least half an hour then replace and power on. Do not reset the switch.
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks, it worked!