Samsung SyncMaster 770P LCD Monitor Review on Short-Media!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Hardware
Read lemonlime's Review of the Samsung SyncMaster 770P LCD Monitor, just published on Short-Media's front page.
My first impressions while examining the 770P were in regards to the ergonomics. The flexibility that the 'Magic Stand' offers is unparalleled--the panel can be manipulated into just about any position imaginable.
Availability for this monitor is currently pretty scarce. You can find it in the UK, Australia and Canada but it is nowhere to be found in the US market. I get the impression that Samsung may be testing the waters with this rather expensive panel before widely deploying it.
Please leave your feedback and thanks for visiting us. Short-Media's content is created by both its staff and members. If you're interested in contributing to the site, please read how you can get published.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Good review, Mike. Does the software at least come in a Mac OS flavor?
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited June 2006
    Good review, Mike. Does the software at least come in a Mac OS flavor?

I'm afraid not, Windows 9x/2K/XP only. Thankfully the panel is configured really well out of the box. The RGB levels, brightness etc looked great without adjustment. 90% of home users would never need to touch the software, but anyone serious about graphics would pretty much need to use a PC to get the most out of this monitor.

With any luck, we'll see Mac/linux support in the future.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Very nice article.... wish other reviews regarding LCD's were more like yours!!!