Pci E

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Hello, i am a dumb ass... I just got a new computer about 3 weeks ago and since it has been making a weird "buzzzzz... click" noice and i decided i would open up the case and make sure nothing was in the fans, and while i was in i decided to take my video card out because there was a wire going underneath it and i wanted to make sure that wasnt the problem so when i took it out, i pushed on the latch at the back of the card and it snapped so now my card is only being held in by a screw... what should i do? should there be a warranty? Should i leave it? I can buy a new motherboard but i would rather not... :sad2:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    The latch is just there to help make sure that the card is properly seated in the slot. Some cards these days are huge, and have humongous fans (or more elaborate cooling devices) on them, making a little extra fastening "nice". As long as the card is secure in the slot you should be just fine. It wouldn't hurt to check it once in a while, though, particularly after moving the machine around. :)
  • edited June 2006
    Thanks :) that makes me feel a little better i was panicing a little