SM Review: Silverstone LC20M case

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Read deicists's Review of the Silverstone LC20M case, just published on Short-Media's front page.
This raises my first concerns about this case: its size. It’s basically a mid-tower turned on its side, which makes it quite deep compared to standard A/V equipment. While this means there's plenty of room in the case for large graphics cards and several hard drives, it also means you need to consider whether you have room for such a large and obtrusive device.
It's very aesthetic, stylish, and is obviously aimed at the living room. The VFD module adds some functionality and plenty of gimmicky fun. The remote control is among the best PC remote controls I have seen. The bundled software (once you download the working version from Soundgraph) works well and ties the system together.
Please leave your feedback and thanks for visiting us. Short-Media's content is created by both its staff and members. If you're interested in contributing to the site, please read how you can get published.

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited June 2006
    Fantastic review deicist! :cheers:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Good review, deicist. That seems like quite a nice case, and for my purposes, the extra size seems like a positive point.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Well worth reading for anyone considering taking on a project like this. Nice job! :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    VERY nice review!!!!
  • edited June 2006
    Great review! I'm just about to get one of these cases and the information in the review was a great help!

There is on item of information that i haven't been able to find anywhere, the internal height clearance; the VGA card i recently purchased will not allow my current HTPC case to close...

Is there any chance of the reviewer providing some internal clearance measurements? This might help people wishing to add custom CPU / VGA coolers etc...
  • edited June 2006
    9+9+9+7+8=42 not 44...

O_o

aside from that little booboo, a great job!
  • edited January 2007
    Case has changed a bit since this review, I'm just putting mine together now. A good case overall, with its looks and roominess being its major features.

One minor correction. The two rear case fans are 80mm not 92mm. Also there is provision for two fans in the back of the hard drive cage. Two sets of holes allow you to use either 80 or 92mm fans there.

Cheers.