No POST...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Hardware
My mom's PC is having trouble, I advised her to try taking the PSU from her other computer andplug it in to see what happens.... this is long distance so it's hard for me todo anything.

Anyways, she told me the power light is ALWAYS on, minus when she unplugs the computer's power.... but it never boots up, no fans or anything. That is about it.... like I said she is going to replace the PSU and see what happens. But I am curious if anyone here has any other ideas?

I am kinda happy I managed to get her to NOT go see a computer tech, this will be her first time doing this on her own. But she's no novice either...

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Culd be Mobo issues... I had a rougue MOBO that would stay light up after unplugging it and it would drain the Cmos batt, how or why it did it... dont ask me...
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    i have a feeling its a mobo problem as well, PSU is a possibility....BUT if it was really the PSU then i feel that the light wouldnt be on at all. It seems like there is some damage to the mobo
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I thought of the MB, even told her it would be the worse case scenario... but there's not much we can do about that :P

Hopefully the PSU works out well, she's probably gonna wait till the last minute to do anything since she can't call me right now.