Im Confused

edited June 2006 in Internet & Media
Hey I Was Wondering Wat Would Be Best To Use To Make 3d Characters And The Sort?i Wanna Make Stuff That Looks Something Like Advent Children And Animatrix
Im Not Exact On My Pc Specs But Its Just About Average Or A Lil More And Only Slow On The Internet
But Anyways Anyhelp Is Welcomed
Thanx

O Yea I Am Hoping To Make An Animated Film With It Aswell So Let Me Know Wat Would Work Best
Thanx

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Good luck, have you ever done any animation or 3D Modeling before? There are many tools for the job. I have Softimage XSI Foundation which cost about $500, a few other good packages for the same price are around as well but not as good if you ask me since XSI has EVERYTHING you need for almost any job including video/audio editing built in to one package.

There is also some good free programs out, Blender is nice, but has a bit of a learning curve but once you got it down - it's like riding a bike. Also has yfray or whatever which is a pretty nice rendering tool, seen some good stuff come from blender that rivals it's expencive counterparts. There are many other free tools as well, if you do a search on these forums you'll find a few other threads like this one and I think one even has a great listing of the different 3D Softwares out there.

As for making characters you could use Poser, but it's generic and not generally professional. BTW the movies you listed are done by industry pro's, whom used some expencive hardware and software for those products and worked in teams, you have your modeler, texturer and animator, all are very important as you can't have lifelike characters if they move like robots(animator) and if their skin looks like plastic then that's no good either.

Good luck though.
  • edited June 2006
    thanx for the advice i will take it into consideration and will be awaiting ur reply with the links

thanx
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Best link is this... http://www.cgsociety.org/

Couldn't find the one here at this site, but it's somewhere and I ain't gonna go around looking.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    What links exactly are you waiting for RWB to reply with? Google is your friend, heh. Search button for the forum is almost at the top of the page, just to the right of the center.
  • edited June 2006
    yea i know but on google or yahoo i usually get wat im not looking for
    i juss wanted something the community felt comfortable with and knows about i have dial up and really hate wasting my time looking for nothing ya know?
    so any help i can get right away from a trusted user would be very nice
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Here is a thread... http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14127

What are you trying to do BTW? Some more information would be good.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    On blender:

I downloaded it and toyed with it for about 3 hours, and lets just say that I dont think I'm going to be a 3d artist, because I couldnt make heads or tales of its controls or ui.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Yeah... it's got a steep learning curve.