Asetek Waterchill Xternal

edited June 2006 in Hardware
I've been thinking about watercooling a system for a while now. Low noise and good cooling performance are important but overclocking (initially) is not.

So anybody know much about these kits? I like the idea of not having to worry about where to put anything but would if possible, like to but the unit in the bottom of my case.

I was thinking about the reserator but they seem to take up far too much room. This seems like a pretty good compromise.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• edited June 2006
    So nobody can help with the water cooling thing? I know there is at least one person on here who knows about Asetek kit, the article is still linked on their site...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'm unfortunately not very knowledgeable on watercooling. Maybe I should venture in on my next build, so that I can answer this kind of question! ;)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited June 2006
    Hi rapture-IC,

I don't have much experience with any pre-built watercooling kits, but the waterchill seems to be a very efficient kit. There are some clear advantages to external kits, and this one seems to be no slouch. If you did decide to start overclocking, this should have little difficult coping.

I will comment that it appears to use a similar software/control configuration to the Vapochill LS--which I really like. It gives you great monitoring and control capabilities.

One thing to note: You wouldn't want to put this under your case.. it will have to be 'top mounted'. This is due to airflow reasons and the location of the resevoir.
  • edited June 2006
    I'm hoping I can get away with fitting it inside along the bottom, not underneath.

I have an Akasa Eclipse 62 so its big enough and the 120mm fans inside seem to create a pretty healthy channel of cool air across the bottom.

I did have a look at a video review on 3dgameman, it was a little short but gave a good indication of quality and performance. I think I'm pretty much sold on this one already but was just looking for some more opinions.

Thing I like about the external kits like this one is how neat they are. I doubt I would have problems with an internal kit once I found places to put everything but I like the idea of having everything in a pre-tested and well designed 'box'

I did see pictures of the Reserator 2 while I was searching. Looks nice but again the size of the thing would put me off.