Help me figure out what card I have!

Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
edited June 2006 in Hardware
I've looked all over but can't seem to figure out exactly what card I have. It's an old one, and I can't remember. Based upon the ramsinks I think it's either an nvidia or pny card. Any help is appreciated otherwise i'll just have to put it in my machine to see.

Comments

• edited June 2006
    Looks like a Jaton TI4200 to me.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    It looks older than that, I don't think the TI4200's had the extra connectors on board.
  • edited June 2006
    I dunno, I had a Jaton Ti4200 in a workbench PC at the tech support job I was at and it looked just like that as far as I can remember. Been a while though.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Looks like a GeForce 3 Ti200 to me since it has the option header and the same style of sinks as on my Ti500 but a different reference layout. You could always just plug it into a computer and read the BIOS string or see what Windows XP detects it as.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited June 2006
    Ah ha! It is Geforce 3 series Card.

Visiontek - "Board Stuffing", that's what the industry affectionately calls what the folks at Visiontek do as their core business unit. Otherwise known as "Contract Manufacturing", in a nut shell, Visiontek will take a customer's "Bill of Materials" also known as a BOM (lots of new lingo here eh?), procure the raw parts (chips and circuit boards) and then assemble the product. At that point they may even box it up and ship it to their customer's end customer. This way, companies like Elsa or Hercules for example, can concentrate on designing and marketing next generation products and leave the manufacturing process to a company that is focused on that one aspect and most likely better equipped for it.

http://www.visiontek.com/

They only deal with ATI now....

Here is info on your Card:

Name: Visiontek GeForce3
    Driver series: XX.XX Detonator drivers "11.01 should do"
    Core: 200Mhz
    Memory: 500Mhz

This card was around when Quake 3 was out... if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)
    edited June 2006
    Scratch that... it is a

VisionTek GeForce2 Ultra
    64Mb
    Stock clock - 250/458

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/vtultra/introduction.shtml

I am 100% postive this time....

card.jpg
  • Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited June 2006
    after talking with sledgehammer i realized i should have just hit up ebay first, http://cgi.ebay.com/Nvidia-GeForce-2-Ultra-2-AGP-64MB-Video-Card-DVI_W0QQitemZ8824446870QQcategoryZ40161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

figures, thanks for everyone looking
  • edited June 2006
    Comparing the two I see quite a few differences in the SMC components and a few of the caps.

Edit: Ah, A GF2 Ultra2, that explains the differences...
    edited June 2006
    I have found 14 versions of this one card "VisionTek GeForce2 Ultra" thus far. It looks like this card had a few revisions