cs character model problems

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited June 2006 in Hardware
Hi im having some problems with all character modesl in cs source. Everyone appears to be pink and black checkered, but everything else appears normal. I have an inspiron E1705 with a core duo t2500, 1.25 gigs of ram, and a 7900 GS vid card. Sledge suggested to turn down all the settings on the game, but it didnt do anything. I have the most recent update for cs so other than re-installing it I cant really think of anything. Does anyone have some other suggestions?

edit - if it helps to know, I was just playing half life 2 on full settings at 1920x1200. So I'm not sure if its a bug on cs, or something about my hardware or what.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Sounds like a re-install type of thing, usually happens when a bad crash occurs screwing up the texture maps.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2006
    Ok i might know why this could have happened. I installed it online (downloaded through steam, not from the cd's), but I had to restart a few times during the period that it was downloading so it could have messed up. My prom is tonight so i wont have any time to do that. I have to start getting ready in about 10 minutes or so.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Meh... prom is overrated anyways. Play a video game! :D
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited June 2006
    yea tell me about it. I mean i want to go but its from 11-5am. God all the crap the girls want to do. pictures at 6:30, dinner, ect....then prom til 5.