ATI Radeon 9800 Won't boot in VGA Mode

SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
edited June 2006 in Hardware
Hello everyone:

I recently setup my TV-Out on my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro flashed to the 9800 XT. While I was setting it up, I labeled my primary monitor as a TV and it rebooted in TV Mode. I was unable to see anything on my screen but flashing white lines. After some research, I learned to press F8 I believe and it would boot in VGA Mode. It did and I turned off TV Mode on my primary monitor, however, my bootup environment, not windows, still shows up in TV Mode and I am unable to see anything on the screen while booting besides these white lines.

How do I disable booting in TV Mode before windows for this card?

Thanks for your help,
Adam

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    boot into safe mode...
  • SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited June 2006
    boot into safe mode...

Could you explain a bit? Safe mode for windows? How would that help? The video card is working in tv mode outside windows, but within windows, its all fine.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Turn the PC off, disconnect the TV connector cable and boot that way, see if anything shows up properly then...
  • SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited June 2006
    How do I boot into the VGA BIOS?

I can't see the hotkeys listed during boot and was wondering if possibly there might be something in there...
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    i have a 9800pro...i havn't flahed it to a 9800xt..and i probably wouldnt ever... i think ill deal with the slight cut back in performance..at any rate... it seems like it would be some sort of software problem...so boot up the comp...normally...use the tv...and try to switch the primary to the monitor.. and VGA bios? there is a general BIOS...which u can manipulate things...but there isnt a specific BIOS for your vga card