curiouser and curiouser harddrive

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Hardware
apparently, there is a total of 47 gigs of used space but when i select everything and then go to properties...its only using 36 gigs. i remember this before and i think that it means lost clusters... anyone else have any ideas

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Have you run the disk checking utility? What does it say about "Size" vs. "Size On Disk"?
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    well right now i ran the maxtor utility previous to boot up...i think its maxblast 4, and it said all three of them had something wrong with them, but in order to repair, some dataa may be lost...and i just got my 320 wd harddrive+external enclosure (the ams venus) and now i'm backing it up and ill prolly do some low level formats and run the utility again and try to salvage what i can of THREE yes..THREE different maxtor hds...needsless to say...WD all the way
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I personally prefer seagate, WD is good for the raptors, but for plain jane hdd, i like seagate better for some reason. maxtor used to be decent, but I've heard a lot of bad stuff about their drives recently and I avoid them like the plague:wow2: .