ATI Radeon 9550 problem

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Howdy folks,

Hope you're all well. Been having some problems playing games so hoped your expertise could help me!

I've got an Radeon 9550 256MB graphics card, and while playing any game with 3D graphics, my PC seems to freeze after a while, meaning I have to reset. All sound freezes too so end up with a buzzing sound. I've tried updating the drivers from the ultra-confusing ATI website but doesn't seem to make any difference. I've got an Athlone 3400 Processor with 1GB RAM so there is no real need for poor performance, but I'm not a big gamer so dunno if there is something obvious I could be doing.

Any help or ideas you could give me would be gratefully appreciated.
:cool2:

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    First off welcome to Short Media.com, now for my questions. Have you opened the case to look at the Graphics card? when is the last time you cleaned out your system? especially around the Graphics card?

Dust is a number 1 evil component in a PC overheating, check that your PC is clean.. if that isn't the issue let me knwo I have a few steps that might be able to resolve this issue.
  • edited June 2006
    Haven't cleaned it out for ages to be honest (probably since it was built 8 months ago!)

I'll give that a go then get back to you. Cheers
  • edited June 2006
    First off welcome to Short Media.com, now for my questions. Have you opened the case to look at the Graphics card? when is the last time you cleaned out your system? especially around the Graphics card?

Dust is a number 1 evil component in a PC overheating, check that your PC is clean.. if that isn't the issue let me knwo I have a few steps that might be able to resolve this issue.

Have to say, I'm really surprised but that seems to have done the trick - just had a trouble free game there.
    I'll report back if i get more trouble, but it looks to be sorted. Can't believe it was so simple!

Cheers mate.