hard drive setup help

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Hi, I have an Asus p4p800SE motherboard, and curently have an ide 160 gig drive as master. I plan to buy a 250 gig sata drive and put it as primary drive and set the ide drive as a backup drive or for download. Will there be any conflicts? How should i go about installing it?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    You plug the SATA in and set it as the primary boot device in the BIOS. No conflicts.
  • edited June 2006
    I am now studying in Korea. Yesterday I bought T4020 on the internet. Unfortunately the operating system and all the software are in Korean.
    I wanted to install the english version XP pro as off now. When I boot it form the CD and at the point when it says press enter to install windows. It goes to a screen where it says hard disk not found. Please tell me how to get over this problem. Also I need further suggestion for the below things.

I want english version of the operating system. Could any one please suggest me how to obain one. Is it possible to use the available legal key (korean version) to install the english version( could some one could provide me the OS). Will that be considered as legal and will I be able to upgrade with legal rights? Where to download all the software fujitsu provides with the tablet Pc as I guess those are in korean too. Please some one help me.

I tried installing the professional Windows Xp english but when I go to CD mode and select to install XP on the D drive. Its says hard disk not detected. While C drive has this tablet edition already installed by the company. Well the Drive is also primary partition and is of 40 GB and my C dirve is 20GB. Please could any body tell me how to go about installin the OS. I have done this many times on desktop but this is my first attempt to do it on the tablet PC.

Could any body send me a copy of software CD (not the key) or upload from where I can download. Kindly help.

thanks
    pradeep_20002000@yahoo.com
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    No, no one is going to send you the software, because it would be illegal to do that.