Unable to logon after leaving Domain

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Hi All,

Hope you can help. After joining PC (XP Pro) to Domain (AD, Server 2003) I removed PC from Domain and set it back to Workgroup membership, however, I'm prompted to logon at startup as expected, but any / all usernames are not recognised. I cannot choose to log on locally either as I now don't have the 'domain' option.

Hope someone can help get me out of a sticky situation please?

Many Thanks in advance,

Nick.

Comments

• phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
    edited June 2006
    I think you need to logon as a local admin ie. use the UN: administrator and the corresponding PW that you had before the PC was ever joined to the domain... OR if you had a user setup as an admin before the PC was joined to the domain, I think you should be able to use that UN and PW combination. Let me know.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Correct. You cannot use any usernames that you used while connected to the domain. You can only use a local user and pass. Usually Administrator is used. If you do not know its password, there are recovery utilities available.
  • edited June 2006
    Indeed. They don't tell you that in the manual. I was surprised that even the 'local' (admin) logon I used before didn't work!
    Still, not the end of the world; being the good boy that I am I had the OS on a different drive, so just reinstalled it again and I was up and running... Live and learn.

Thanks anyway.

Nick.