Are you seeing early terminations?

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Folding@Home
I have had a string of wus early terminate this weekend. On more than one machine.
Is this related to current wus, or do I have bad mojo?

On a brighter note. My X2 box is running well. Maybe I should put it in a case instead of just letting it lay on the table in my office.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    None here... I can only check on 4 systems but they all seem to be stable.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    No problems here, either. Were the rotten ones all on the same machine?

And, yeah - that X2 rig deserves a nice case. :D
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    It looks nice on the table, runs cool too.

No, two different machines. I am guessing bad core DL.
    I wiped everything except the exe and config. We'll see how it goes.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Ed? We're talking tinkers right? I've been noticing the same thing on my opteron. It actually started a few weeks ago while I was borrowing mudds x2. I've noticed a slowdown in production (ppd) as well. It takes almost twice as long to fold a wu with similar points as it did a few weeks ago before they "ran out".
    I'm guessing you're not using any flags on the system right?
    On another note ...my work rig (using -advmethods/getting gromacs) hasn't skipped a beat ...all wu's are completing.

Sorry but I'm just looking into this issue although I've known about it for so long. But rest assured you're not the only one. Perhaps you can post some EMIII screenshots for performance comparison.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I solved my issue last night with this problem.
    I was overclocked to 2700mhz. I dloaded sp2004 and ran it as I clocked down until I found a good stable speed. I ended up at 2640mhz stable which is exactly where my opteron 175 was stable. This might be due to motherboard limitations but also the stepping could be an important factor.
    Nonetheless ...I managed to get my tinkers stable once again and back up to roughly 450ppd.
    After some tinkering I experimented a little more and now I'm around 780ppd folding 2 dgromacs.

Bottom line is Ed, check you core stability and perhaps this may help.