RAM video mobo or possibly PSU

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Hardware
now i get a probem..every now and then my comp freezes, and i heard the harddrive lock up and my whole screen is scrambeled to oblivion ala NINTENDO style...so anyways..could it be a psu short...my gaphics card...or RAM, i changed videocards and i still have a problem (it happened before and after the switch) and i only noticed my hd locking up recently...and i did not change the HD but could the HD be doing this...i also just RMA'd the ram just to be sure (i am talking about my folding rig)

Comments

• edited June 2006
    I think it's possible, Wugs. Try running a hard drive diagnostic proggie from your hard drive's manufacturer and see what it comes up with.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    well the hd definatly had errors.. im gonna go and pick up an older hd, around 40 gigs to replace my 3...count them 3 damamged, unrepairable maxtor drives..not to mention the 3 RMA'd ones..so that's six maxtors that have failed on me...needless to say... i would not purchase another maxtor...EVER..i'd rather have a deathstar
  • edited June 2006
    Maybe that's why they got bought out by Seagate. :-/ I haven't bought a maxtor drive in 3-4 years myself.