SMOKE from my gaming rig!!!!!

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Community
OK... my real gaming rig is up and running like a fricking champ!!! My back up rig that I intended to bring for someone to use... well, she's been a bit.... crabby.

I got her all set put together yesterday afternoon. I fired her up and I really FIRED her up... I heard a pop, a sizzle, and then smoke. Needless to say, something BORKED. I began taking everything a part. Teach me to cable tie everything and make it look nice BEFORE testing everything. Well, the PSU is shot. An Enermax 450... a real nice one too. I think the MB is shot too.

The ATI 9800 pro seems fine. The 1.5 GB of RAM seems fine also. So... swap out the MB and try everything again. Well, as of 1:00 AM this morning... she was running but I cannot get the OS to install.

So... I will bring it and we'll see if it can be fixed at the LAN. all I know is that my primary rig is doing just fine.... or so I hope!!!

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Knock on some wood, Q!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Bah first man down! or woman!
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    a comp with a smoke effect - that would be bad-ass!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    sharkydart wrote:
    a comp with a smoke effect - that would be bad-ass!
    And FLAMES!!!!

Well... the system blew two of the three sticks of Memory. She ended up do the most gaming of any of us... she was the UT Server!!! :D

So... she is now home serving up Work Units for F@H!!!