Prey Demo

2»

Comments

• ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited July 2006
    I am playing the full game now. It reminds me of doom 3. Everything is indoors and it is dark. Graphics are real good and gameplay is smooth.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    It uses the Doom 3 engine. ;)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2006
    deicist wrote:
    Depends how much it's going cost, if it's £30 or so I'd say it's worth it. compared to other entertainment that's fairly good cost per hour. you'd be lucky to get 8 hours of quality cinema for £30, or songs you could listen to for 8 hours for that much.... and it's 8 hours of quality gaming. There's a couple of points where it gets a little repetative as I said but the vast majority of the time you're thinking 'whoa'.
    I know but... I prefere to compare it with PC games. Almost all the games I've played are far longer than that, Thief, Deus ex, F.E.A.R., HL2 etc. The latest Tomb Raider was very short (and not very good). There seems to be a trend with games where they are becoming much 'prettier' but much shorter. I don't want to spend £30 on something that'll be finished in a few days, I don't think I'll play the multi much if at all. I may wait till it's down to £15/£20. I'm not really into 'cutting edge graphics' at the cost of game play time, I'd rather it didn't look as pretty but had a good story you could get involved with for weeks.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    gogamer.com has Prey on 48 hour madness for $29.90

not a bad price. Of course it comes at a time when I don't have an extra $30 in my "fun budget" :-/ Maybe somebody will get it, and then sell it to me for $10 next year :p
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2006
    Had a look around for it the other day. 35 pounds at PC world, and everywhere else, 21 from Amazon. Are we UKers ripped off or what?
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Well, you picked the most expensve store of all. 21 is cheap. http://www.play.com/Games/PC/RNR/3-/688401/Prey/Product.html

They have it for 25 shipped.
  • edited August 2006
    This is a really cool game. I'm probably 80% through the full version now and it's been a blast to play. Of course, I'm a FPS guy, so just about any FPS gets me going but I have enjoyed the new twists that this game has thrown in to spark up an old concept.

I do agree with the others...the game is gorgeous, but a little too short on game play. I suggest you do stop to smell the roses and check out the eye candy.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited August 2006
    Loved it...great gameplay..nice graphics..all around good game. 8/10