The "I made it home alive" Thread

2»

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    He's probably waiting until the bar in the airport is completely drained. ;D
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited June 2006
    Well we bar-b-que'd this weekend at a friends house about 20 min away, and for all you that were worried about us we made it home just fine. Thanks for the concern everyone. ;D;D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    He's probably waiting until the bar in the airport is completely drained. ;D
    I can hear it now.

Better give me a ****ing beer.

I need another ****ing beer mate.

Got any beter ****ing beer than this piss?
    Then ya better get me another ****ing beer.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    he has become the "****ing beer guy" ;D
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006

rofl, i cant seem get that line out of my head since i left..:scratch:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Hmmmm.....I don't know if that is a good rep for my Support guys to have. :beer::wtf: :shakehead

:rarr:;) Hehehehehehe
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    "HAY GUYZ WE NEED SOME MORE ****IN' BEERS EH?" :honoes:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Oy, back in Pennsylvania... and so, so, so tired.
    edited June 2006
    Cool Matt.....for some reason I thought you were from Eastern Michigan as well....didn't know you had to go all the way back to Pennsylvania :)
    edited June 2006
    Heh, well I do tend to show up at casa de Prime most often and I think I'm almost ready for my "Eastern Michigan local" certification after all those trips to the airport and OPH. :D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'm alive after a weird ride. We parked at the Tarmac in Detroit for a lightyear or 2 and off course, the Philly-Stockholm flight was missed :/

I met a very nice Atlanta guy that missed the same flight so we entually got a new flight to Munich, 8 hours later. Already by that time, i was pretty knackered, no spare clothes or washing gear at all (since that stuff was in the checked-in case that apparently was in russia in russia at that time). We got upgraded to First Class though so we flapped the chairs all out, had a few ****ing beers and a million laughs. Got back in Stockholm about 12 hours late or so and missed the connecting flight to Norway so i had to fork out another 500 dollars for that flight. I just putted my daughter safe to bed when i got home and immediately got my head down.

On the other hand, when you see something like this in the morning, every problem and issues are gone and life is good again. She's just a knock-out.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    On the other hand, when you see something like this in the morning, every problem and issues are gone and life is good again. She's just a knock-out.
    she is a cutie! :respect::cheers:
    edited June 2006
    Glad to hear you made it home safe, though it sounds like the airlines did everything they could to screw it up :hrm:
    had a few ****ing beers and a million laughs
    Awesome ;D;D
    She's just a knock-out.
    Indeed! :cheers:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Glad you made it back Mack.. even if it was so damn fraught the whole way! :)
    edited June 2006
    Glad you are home Marcus :D I totally agree about the kids making all the troubles go away....great therapy :clap:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Sounds like quite an adventure. Glad to hear you finally made it back. :cheers:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    we flapped the chairs all out, had a few ****ing beers and a million laughs.

That pretty much sums up the entire lan :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Glad you made it back to that cute little girl!!!! :D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I arrived in PR at around midnight. Flight from Detroit to Orlando was okay, except for the lame-ass $3 snack box, no tv and my neighbor's being an 11yr kid playing his DS and some women reading Ann Coulter :whatever:.

Arrived at Orlando pretty late due to some thunderstorms. Flight was supposed to leave at 7:10pm and I arrived at 6:55pm. On top of that, I also didn't have a boarding pass. To make the flight I had to get on a tram, go to the Delta counter, enter security, get on another tram and pretty much run my xxl ass to the gate. I was lucky that the flight was also delayed due to thunderstorms so I left at 7:35pm.

For the cherry on top. When I arrived at San Juan, my luggage was still in Orlando (including video card). No clean undies for me. :sawed:

:honoes::honoes::honoes:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    sux to be you :) lol hope you get the graphics card back... underware take 2nd to anything High tech liek that Nvidia Card.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Well im back in Manchester now :)

No hassles or delays.. just a killer 5 hours layover in philly. Got bored by the end.. so watched Boondock Saints on the laptop :cool:

Just relaxing now.. Im not tired.. just coming down off the holiday cloud ;)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Well im back in Manchester now :)

just coming down off the holiday cloud ;)

You have a year to get off the cloud before next lan:woowoo: