XP won't recognize USB 2.0 on NF7-2 V2

panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
edited June 2006 in Hardware
When I plug in a USB device Windows says that it would perform faster if connected to a USB 2.0 port. But I thought the NF7-S's had 6 USB 2.0 ports? How can I fix this? I'm using the ports right on the I/O plate of the motherboard.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Are you using Service Pack 2? (it needs to be installed for USB2 support).
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2006
    Yes SP2 is installed
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited June 2006
    Does this happen in all the ports ?.
    edited June 2006
    Any port that I put it into, windows will say the same thing
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited June 2006
    Look in your device manager, are all of your USB controller's drivers installed properly? If not, highlight and update the drivers.
    edited June 2006
    Windows says the drivers are working correctly, and devices I plug into the USB ports work, it's just that Windows won't recognize it as a USB 2.0 port, so I don't know if I'm getting the increased speed I should be getting.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    damn...sounds weird. did you try to dl new usb 2.0 drivers via nvidia's website or the manufacturers website...i think the nf7 is an abit board?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Make sure the USB 2 controller is set to Hispeed and not Fullspeed in the bios if such an option exists.

Make sure USB 2.0 is enabled in the bios if such an option exists.

Some boards have both of those options as well....I don't have the NF-7 so I can't tell you where to look...but it should be integrated peripherals or chipset features maybe.
    edited June 2006
    not to go off topic...but i have an old abit extra usb thingy that goes in the back.now if its made for usb 1.1 will the cable be compatible with usb 2.0 if i have a usb 2.0 controller or should i go off and buy a new one
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    not to go off topic...but i have an old abit extra usb thingy that goes in the back.now if its made for usb 1.1 will the cable be compatible with usb 2.0 if i have a usb 2.0 controller or should i go off and buy a new one
    Cables (attached to the ports you are talking about, as well as front panel mount in a case) and the physical port you plug the drive into, have nothing to do with 2.0 or 1.1...it is all in the controller chip and on the board. The pinouts are the same for 1.1 or 2.0.
    edited June 2006
    awesome thanks