Computer
AMD Athon 64 Processor
3000+
2.00GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Video Card
Radeon 9600SE
Hard Drive
WDC WD1600JS-00MHB0

I am trying to reformat my computer Iv been tould that its DEFINATLY A scsi hard drive so i was wondering is it 100% for sure? and um can sum 1 give me a detailed STEP by STEP on how to do it and where to get the exact right links to the things i must put on the floppy ( i been reading http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44910 ) so to sum it all up ..

1 - what kind of hd for sure do i have?
2 - what do i put on the floppy?
3 - step by step instructions
4 - where do i get the files i need to put on the floppy
5 - the file names

- thanks Cheers:cheers:

Comments

• WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    what are you using to reformat it?
    Have you changed the setting anytime soon?
    Who built this computer/where did you buy it?
  • edited June 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    what are you using to reformat it?
    Have you changed the setting anytime soon?
    Who built this computer/where did you buy it?

- to reformat im using window xp cd
    - no
    - my friend built it for me and he was the one that tould me how 2 reformat it.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited June 2006
    What motherboard ?.
  • edited June 2006
    After a quick google search it looks likely that your hard drive is not SCSI but it is SATA.

Depending on your setup you may need to make a disk with SATA drivers which you can load at the start of the windows setup wizard.

As GrayFox asked, try to find out which motherboard you have. After that you can find out which drivers to get.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    yes mr. foxy man and rapture are correct..once u find out hat mobo u have you can install create an installation diskette..once u do that u press f6? at the beginning of the windows xp setup that allows u to install third party thingies..but have u tried to reformat it without a diskette? Like start up the windows insallation by putting int he cd and see if it detects the harddrive..if it does then u don't have to do anything else and ur golden.. if not see the above advice
    also...ask ur friend how he installed windows xp he should remember
    but basically put the cd in before bootup first
    then press the appropiate button to boot to cdrom
    run the setup
    if it detects the hd, ur done and its fairly simple from then on

except: you would wanna download drivers for ur network card if its not onboard (but it probably is) but ant any rate make sure but u still need to find out what motherboard ur running.. itl\'ll be difficult to download drivers if u can't reach th internet
  • edited June 2006
    m/b
    Board: ASRock K8Upgrade-1689 1.00
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. L2.01 08/30/2005
  • edited July 2006
    i have the same prob...where the heck can i dl this drivers and how i properly install them???
  • edited November 2006
    help help help! BUMP
  • edited November 2006
    Go to this page and download SATA RAID Driver (For system to read from floppy diskette during Windows installation)

Even has a guide with it too.

http://www.asrock.com/support/download.asp?Model=K8Upgrade-1689