Please help! ATI tv-out problems =(

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Later i had a nvidia gf4 card that I run with Tv-out to an ordinary TV. It was alot of problems in the beginning but after a while it worked.

Now i have bought a ATI-Radeon X1600 PRO with tv-out. But the problem is that it won´t work. After som fixing, the problem right now is only the color, the picture is black/white.

I have heard that the choice of software is an important factor to get it work. I have tried ATI control center, but thats not work.

Can someone give me some hints or god ideas how i can fix this, i get wicked of it.. =(

What program should I try, that may be optional with ATI graphic cards.

/Cyanide

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Sounds like you're trying to output PAL to an NTSC TV or visa versa. Look under the control center for the TV options and those settings.
  • edited June 2006
    I have tried all that, and I have figured out that diffrent programs work in different ways. For example the Ati tray tool, doesn´t even find the tv but the ATI control centre does.

strange.. = :mean:
  • edited July 2006
    Are u using Svideo or Svideo to Composite

If using Svid, try Svid - Composite Direct to TV AV In, Obviously Ensuring TV is Switched on Before PC. Have seen Similar Problems Before.

S/W wise, use Power DVD
  • rykoryko new york
    edited July 2006
    i have had the black/white problem when i was using a faulty s-video cable...try replacing yours. best not to bend them too much as that is what will "break" the color on the s-video cable...