1GB RAM for my old skool nf7-s!

SlydogSlydog Bristol UK Member
edited June 2006 in Hardware
ok so ive got my computer back from a friend after over a year of lending it to them and want to give it a little help in the ram dept. so i can have some fun overclocking the hell out of it... on a budget tho.

its an Abit nf7-s (v2) with a barton 2500 (stock 1.83ghz) in. previous overclocks with real cheap ram were unstable at significant overclocks. i know these chips have been pretty easy to overclock (esp since as i remember many of these chips are down clocked barton 3200's - correct me if im wrong).

anyway, enough waffling. not having this computer to tinker with for over a year i was wandering if there were any developments in decent ram that would suit this system. Back when i last looked, it seemed that any ram with the BH5 chips or the magical tccd chips in were the stuff but has anything changed and is ram with those chips on still available. as i remember, ocz plat series 2 or something was pretty good (and cheaply available in the uk!!) but i shall ask you folks for the lastest and greatest.

do i wanna go matched pair? do i wanna go for CAS 2 (i think so...)? do i wanna get a cheap dual core intel? do i wanna be famous? do i wanna rabbit in a hat with a bat?

no more tea for me today...