Is There A Way To Connect FP700LCD Screen To VGA?

edited June 2006 in Hardware
Is There A Way To Connect FP700LCD Screen To VGA? Or an adapter of any kind to be able to hook up this type of Screen to a working computer/laptop?

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Can you tell us who makes the FP700? is it a monitor or screen from a laptop?
    Google seems to indicate a screen from a laptop
  • edited June 2006
    Ah, Sorry, The Screen says Compaq Presario FP700
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    So it is a screen from a laptop or a separate monitor?
  • edited June 2006
    Doesn't seem like a laptop screen to me, I would say it's just a separate monitor
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    So..what kind of connection does it have?

Is it a VGA connector, DVI, or a ribbon type cable, or ribbon type pinout, if it is a ribbon type, it most likely came from a laptop.

If it is a monitor and only has dvi, then buy a dvi to vga adapter.
  • edited June 2006
    So..what kind of connection does it have?

Is it a VGA connector, DVI, or a ribbon type cable, or ribbon type pinout, if it is a ribbon type, it most likely came from a laptop.

If it is a monitor and only has dvi, then buy a dvi to vga adapter.
    I figure if it was VGA I would be able to connect it to "this" machine, so that leaves that one out, and the other 2, well... I some-what searched around for a bit and it doesn't look like it's DVI so then I'm also guesing it's from a laptop? It has the same shape as a VGA connector, only that instead of the pins in the middle, it has a small straight pin like thing in the middle (a bit hard to describe for me or even take a picture, sorry)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    That's a proprietary connector that compaq used to use for their older flat panels.

Since it is an all digital connection, you can only go to DVI.

Here is an adapter.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    oops.. looks like that was an out-of-stock page. You can check Belkin for cabula obscura like that.