edited June 2006 in Folding@Home
hey all , my pc has been idle all night! :(

its trying to submit/retrieve work to

anyway to force another server?:scratch:

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    yes.
    a few ways but the way I do it is like this.

1. stop the client(s)
    2. run a shortcut to f@h using the -sendall flag. This will send wu's in cue if the client is accepting. If they don't send it will take a while ...it won't matter though they'll send on their own eventually.
    3. Set or change flags. If you have no flags just set it to -advmethods and vice versa if you do. If you're running as a service you'll need to edit the registry.
    4. Restart the client(s). You should get work!
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    what i did was, i stopped the client, and in EMIII i saw the (1) job in queue.

i added the -advmethods and relaunched it. the (1) is gone now.. did i lose? it did it get submited.

its folding now anyway.
    edited June 2006
    if it's gone it got submitted. When you see 1 job in que doesn't necessarily mean that it's still there. It doesn't go away until you complete a frame so it may have been sent out beforehand who knows.

I would stay with the -advmethods flag over the weekend because chances are the server you were connected to is having issues and with the weekend so close (especially july 4th) it probably won't get attened to until later next week.

Did you get gromacs?
    edited June 2006
    yes i did :)

thanks
    edited June 2006
    good deal. You probably wont get the points production that you would with tinkers if you're running A64/Opteron but if you can get a dgromac you'll practically double your production.
    edited June 2006
    ill let this one go and then disable remove advmethods, this is a 2ghz Oced amdxp rig, dont have any A64's in my farm yet :(

just many many amdxp's and P4's
    edited June 2006
    citrixmeta wrote:
    ill let this one go and then disable remove advmethods, this is a 2ghz Oced amdxp rig, dont have any A64's in my farm yet :(

just many many amdxp's and P4's
    P4 + gromacs = good news

good luck!