TV Tuner

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited July 2006 in Hardware
I bought a Kworld TV Tuner card back when I pout my PC together, and I guess it sorta slipped my mind that I'd installed it, but now that I'm trying to get it to work, it won't. It came with QuickTV software. I got my PS2 to work on it but theres no sound. I put the CATV wire in from my cable and it shows the picture, but no sound. Here's the newegg link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815100129
I have an RF Modulator that I used to hook up my PS2 to it. I installed and reinstalled the drivers with no luck.

Comments

• V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited June 2006
    I went to the KWORLD site and I can't figure out which card I have, so I downloaded all the drivers and tried to install them one by one, and eventually one worked, but still no sound.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited June 2006
    for that model you have to externally plug in a line from your tv tuner to your sound card spare input.

it looks like your card came with a adapter dongle that has a 3.5mm connector on it for just this purpose.
    edited June 2006
    ryko wrote:
    for that model you have to externally plug in a line from your tv tuner to your sound card spare input.
    Um I don't have a sound card --- It's onboard sound. :honoes:
    Also, I'm not even connecting the TV to it, I'm conneting my CATV cable straight into it. So, how would I do this now?
  • rykoryko new york
    edited June 2006
    onboard sound/sound card it doesn't matter...you have the dongle that came with the tv tuner right?

plug it into the tv tuner card (where it says a/v)....it splits out into a bunch of different connectors. use only the 3.5mm connector (looks like a standard headphone plug) and plug that into your onboard sound line in. i assume you have your speakers going into the green one, so try red or blue instead. if your onboard sound is new enough it will configure itself no matter what jack you plug into.

after it is connected...you will need to go into your tv tuner software setup and make sure it is pointing to the onboard sound device.
    edited June 2006
    OK, what's a dongle? I found the wire for the remote, and I found two other cables. The one that looks like S-Vid on one side comes out to three RCA plugs, and nothing else. Sorry to be an ass but could you draw me a picture or something?
  • rykoryko new york
    edited July 2006
    here you go...
    edited July 2006
    Thanks for the time Ryko, but looks like I'm screwed since I never got that wire.... Any other ways it may work?
  • rykoryko new york
    edited July 2006
    so the dongle you recieved isn't the exact one in the picture from newegg, huh? yours just goes out to yellow, red, white composite connectors, you say?

you can try an adapter from radio shack...it will be a 2 female composite audio to 1 3.5mm male stereo plug. should be about $4.00.

so then you can use that radio shack adapter to plug the red and white composite outputs into the line-in on your onboard sound. that should work.

if not, is there an internal audio connector on the tv tuner card? can you take a picture of your card maybe? you might have to connect an internal wire from the tv tuner card to you mobo aux in. it is a thin 4pin wire. the same type you had to use for cd-roms back in the day.
    edited July 2006
    ryko wrote:
    so the dongle you recieved isn't the exact one in the picture from newegg, huh? yours just goes out to yellow, red, white composite connectors, you say?

you can try an adapter from radio shack...it will be a 2 female composite audio to 1 3.5mm male stereo plug. should be about $4.00.

so then you can use that radio shack adapter to plug the red and white composite outputs into the line-in on your onboard sound. that should work.

if not, is there an internal audio connector on the tv tuner card? can you take a picture of your card maybe? you might have to connect an internal wire from the tv tuner card to you mobo aux in. it is a thin 4pin wire. the same type you had to use for cd-roms back in the day.

Meh, it's not worth this much trouble, it was only $25. If I went to take a pic of it, I'd have to take it off of the MB because the X850's covering it like a freaking giant. Thanks for your time Ryko.