New power supply!!

edited July 2006 in Hardware
Hi! Look my problem is this: i had in my pc a psu 300W and I changed to a 460W! After i did that my PC just wont start. The fans work, the video card fan too and it starts by checking the optical drives but BIOS does not appear, in fact theres no reaction from the monitor, nothing appears, and then it starts beeping! I've checked everything: connections, rams, hard drive, but i couldnt find a solution! In attachements theres the sound it does because i know that means something, but i don´t know what!

My configuration is:

Intel P4 3.2 Prescott
1Gb ram (2x512 Mb)
Board ASUS P5GD1 Pro (Intel 915P)
Gf 6600 GT 128 Mb DDR3
160Gb hard drive
Samsung DVD burner and LG DVD reader
WinXP Pro SP2

My guess is that i screwed up the motherboard but i dont know! I really need help!
Thanks!!

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    It is possible you bought a bad PSU! What brand is it? Did you buy it because the old one died or just to upgrade? I never ever condone purchasing cheap PSU's.
  • edited July 2006
    That sounds like either a failed CPU warning beep or no video card detected beep. Try reseating the video card and make certain that the plug for the card (if it has one) is completely socketed and the same for the 4 pin ATX 12V plug.

Sometimes the pins in new PSU plugs are a bit stiff and won't slide home completely causing a poor connection and errors like you're getting. I know you've checked all that but it never hurts to be doubly certain.